Edstrom Industries, Inc., a producer of laboratory and agricultural animal watering solutions and environmental monitoring in Waterford, Wis., received their fifth SHARP recertification from OSHA and the WSLH Onsite Safety and Health Consultation Program (WisCon).
Edstrom first received SHARP status in 2004 and have recertified that status every three years since. Their current recertification lasts until November 2019.
SHARP is a recognition program for companies who have excellent health and safety program management systems in place.
To achieve SHARP status, a company must:
- Have a history of maintaining an injury and illness rate below the national average for its industry
- Participate in a comprehensive consultation visit for both safety and health
- Participate in a full evaluation of the health and safety management program in place for the company
- Involve employees in the consultation and safety management processes
- Correct all serious, other-than-serious, and regulatory hazards found
- Have all basic elements for managing health and safety in place