- This event has passed.
WCLN 2022 Regional Meetings (9/22)
September 22 @ 8:00 am - 3:30 pm
- Allen Bateman, PhD, D(ABMM), MPH, Director, Communicable Disease Division, WSLH
- Erin Bowles, BS, MT(ASCP), Clinical Laboratory Network Coordinator, Communicable Disease Division, WSLH
- Kelsey Florek, PhD, MPH, Senior Genomics and Data Scientist, Communicable Disease Division, WSLH
- Erik Munson, PhD, D(ABMM), Assistant Professor, Department of Medical Laboratory Science, Marquette University
- Kevin Tsai, PhD, APHL Infectious Disease Fellow, Communicable Disease Division, WSLH
These three one-day regional meetings presented by the Wisconsin State Laboratory of Hygiene (WSLH) offer clinical and public health laboratorians, infection preventionists, and state and local public health representatives the chance to strengthen their relationships through networking and discussions on relevant laboratory issues.
Moving beyond Covid-19, what is the laboratory focused on now? Join us as we discuss some of the other organisms and events that are impacting the laboratory and our communities. We will provide a review of what we found and learned from our 2021-2022 WSLH surveillance program. We will discuss the impact on public health of the Afghan refugees who were sheltered at Fort McCoy and what we learned. We will share how the integration of sequencing technologies can benefit the laboratory, infection prevention and public health. You will hear a discussion pertinent to microbial novel and revised taxonomy and how such changes may be implemented into laboratory operations and finally we will focus the spotlight on the Laboratory Response Network (LRN), our Wisconsin Clinical Laboratory Network (WCLN) and the newest challenge we are facing as a network.
A certificate of participation will be granted to each participant based on 6.0 contact hours of instruction toward credit.
This program is co-sponsored by ASCLS-WI which is approved as a provider of continuing education programs in the clinical laboratory sciences by the ASCLS P.A.C.E. program.
As part of the new P.A.C.E. continuing education process, please go to the ASCLS CE Organizer web site to print your P.A.C.E. certificates. You will be asked for a code number to print the certificate. We will provide you this number during the webinar.
P.A.C.E. credits are only available to those who attended the conference for the entire day. Please note that the deadline for receiving P.A.C.E. education credit for this webinar is October 22nd, 2022.
Program Time Table
Begin time: 8:00 a.m. End time: 3:30 p.m. Break(s): 10:15 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. and 1:50 p.m. – 2:05 p.m. Lunch: 12:10 a.m. – 1:10 p.m.
- WCLN 2022 Regional Meeting Brochure
- 1 – A Review of WCLN Surveillance
- 1 – A Review of WCLN Surveillance Presentation
- 2 – Microbial Taxonomy Revision
- 2 – Microbial Taxonomy Revision Presentation
- 3 – Pretty Sure I Have Something Very Not Normal Here
- 3 – Pretty Sure I Have Something Very Not Normal Here Presentation
- 4 – Case Study
- 4 – Case Study Presentation
- 5 – The Explosive Potential of Sequencing
- 5 – The Explosive Potential of Sequencing Presentation
- 6 – Measles and More
- 6 – Measles and More Presentation
- 7 – Monkeypox the LRN’s Next Battle
- 7 – Monkeypox the LRN’s Next Battle Presentation
- 8 – The Importance of Cryptosporidium Surveillance
- 8 – The Importance of Cryptosporidium Surveillance Presentation