Air-O-Cell Sample Collection
Collection of Total Spore Samples using Zefon Air-O-Cell Cassette
- The sampling pump should be calibrated at 15 liters per minute (LPM).
(Flow rates greater than 20 LPM have been shown to bounce off large spores; rates less than 10 LPM will not collect small spores as efficiently.)
- Remove the seal from the Air-O-Cell outlet port (round-shaped end) and inlet slit (rectangular-shaped end).
- Attach the Air-O-Cell cassette outlet port to the sampling pump.
- Turn the sampling pump on. Typical sampling time recommended is 5-10 minutes. Sampling time should be less when high levels of spores may be present. (Note: Samples collected with the WallChek apparatus should be collected for two minutes. Use of the WallChek requires a high volume pump calibrated to 15 LPM with the WallChek attached.)
- Turn the pump off. Replace the seals on the inlet and outlet ports. Label the cassette.
- Record the number of sampling minutes and the total liters sampled.
- Samples should be mailed as soon as possible.