Free On-Site Safety & Health Consultation Services
For Wisconsin’s Small Business Community
As of July 1, 2020, WisCon has resumed on-site consultation services. Please submit a services request form using the link below to get scheduled for an on-site visit by a WisCon consultant. Remote, “virtual” consultation visits are also available on request.
- Our trained and experienced consultants service the occupational safety and industrial hygiene needs of hundreds of Wisconsin’s small businesses every year.
- Our client services are completely voluntary, cost-free, and confidential. We provide services by-request only.
- We have safety specialists and industrial hygienists available to provide statewide services.
- Client service records are protected by Federal law against public disclosure.
- No penalties or enforcement action. The client’s only obligation is to correct any identified serious hazards within a reasonable time-frame. Imminent danger situations must be corrected immediately.
- We are staffed and operated by the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Ninety percent of our operational funding is provided by a grant from the US Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and we are prohibited from sharing our data with OSHA enforcement
An on-site consultation visit can provide assistance to:
- Identify workplace hazards
- Perform industrial hygiene employee exposure sampling and assessment
- Assist with OSHA non-formal complaint responses
- Assist with developing and assessing controls for OSHA citation abatement
- Conduct limited ergonomic assessments
- Recommend and assist in developing controls
- Evaluate and assist in developing and implementing necessary programs
- Evaluate and assist in developing and implementing a comprehensive safety and health management program
- Conduct limited training and education