Satisfactory & Unsatisfactory Collection Cards
For a printable, PDF version of this page, click here: Unsatisfactory Specimen ID Guide. If you would like a laminated copy (11″ x 17″) of the Guide for use in your facility, please email us at: NBSqualityreport@slh.wisc.edu.
(1) A properly collected specimen, either side.
(2) Layered specimen
(3) Blood clots
(4) Circles not filled
(5) Poor saturation—reverse side of previous slide (#4)
(6) Poor saturation—high hct
(7) Heel pressed against heel
(8) Poor saturation—reverse side of previous slide (#7)
(9) Blood separation in capillary tube
(10) Large folds or creases