Helping babies get started on the right foot
The Newborn Screening (NBS) Program screens infants born in Wisconsin for 48 disorders, hearing loss, and critical congenital heart disease (CCHD).
NBS Courier Service Information
The Wisconsin State Laboratory of Hygiene (WSLH) has contracted with Purple Mountain Solutions – dba Gold Cross – to transport Newborn Screening specimens to the WSLH (465 Henry Mall, Madison, WI) for testing.
Place orders at: http://www.purplemountain.e-courier.com
Purple Mountain Solutions picks up Newborn Screening specimens Sunday – Friday and delivers them to the WSLH for testing Monday – Saturday. All orders placed before noon will be picked up the same day. All pickup requests placed after noon will be picked up the following day.
If your facility also sends non-Newborn Screening specimens to the WSLH for testing (i.e. Communicable Disease) you should continue your current practices for arranging transport of those specimens.
If you have questions, please call the WSLH Newborn Screening lab at 608-262-6547. If you need shipping supplies (WSLH – Newborn Screening envelopes and transparent sleeves) please call Purple Mountain Solutions – dba Gold Cross at 715-839-9989.
The Wisconsin Newborn Screening website is dedicated to promoting and encouraging the sharing of knowledge, communication and resources with healthcare agencies, families, and anyone else interested in NBS for the benefit of babies born in Wisconsin.
For more information on:
- Newborn blood screening, please call the Newborn
Screening Laboratory at 608-262-6547.
- Hearing loss screening, please call the Wisconsin
Department of Health Services (DHS) at 608-267-9191.
- Critical congenital heart disease (CCHD) screening,
please call SHINE personnel at 608-265-1894.
- How quickly hospitals send specimen cards to the Newborn Screening Laboratory, please see this report or visit the Wisconsin Hospital Association’s CheckPoint
Birth Measures Report for this data and additional quality indicators.
- Provide contact information for your NBS Site Liaison
- Learn more with our Continuing Education interactive training webinars
♦ For Parents ♦